That’s a wrap ladies and gentlemen! My Halloween favors are all set to leave the nest. It’ll be tough, but I think I can let them go. They are still so little and inexperienced, I hope they survive the flight.
I’m not stingy when it comes to giving out candy, but thirty full-sized candy bars would just be a little ridiculous. If I worked in an office with a handful of people, that would be within my budget. And lez be honest (a little Pitch Perfect humor for you), with this many favors to make, I’d go broke. I am playing the lottery, but I’m just not doing well. Until I win, they’re stuck with the fun-size favors.
(Side Note: If you haven’t seen Pitch Perfect yet, you’re really missing out)I’ve made these Mummy favors for a Halloween party before, so I figured what the heck? I can make mini-mummies. Besides, good things come in small packages. I should try telling our 24 pound cat Lucy that. Maybe she’d be more motivated to get on the treadmill. Or the stairs. Or even just get off the bed.
1) Cut crepe paper in three strips vertically (about 18in give or take)
2) Cut 1×1 black squares out of construction paper (give or take)
3) Hot glue two eyes to each piece of paper
4) Glue the paper/eyes to one end of the Hershey bar
5) Use hot glue to adhere one end of tissue strip to the bottom of the bar
6) Wrap up around, and then back down around
You’ll end up with Manny the Mummy:I made my whole pack, and then decided I wanted to add a little tag to each. I designed the “That’s a Wrap” Halloween tag and then decided not to use it. I couldn’t find a cute way to attach it, so I nixed the idea. I’d love to hear your ideas!My sweet mini’s are all bundled up and ready to be delivered on Friday! What are you handing out?